Wednesday 11 July 2012

Cute rainy nail art

For this mani I used a drugstore polish! Long time no see, I felt I should show a nice affordable polish after all the Dior. I chose Rimmel Pro Aqua Cool which is a soft blue, verging on periwinkle I think, it's nice and mellow anyway.
Ignore my horrid cuticles, especially my index finger

I've actually used quite a bit of this polish, there's a visible usage line :O. This applies nicely as the formula is good, and the brush is tapered which makes application easy and quick. The only problem I'm having is my Seche Vite is getting really low which is making it gloopy and bubbling all over the place also when it dries it is going a bit white and it sticks up which makes it impossible to resist piggling the polish off :( I'm going to try a different quick drying topcoat as £10 is a bit steep! 
Anyway the reason for my mani is my mother, she keeps saying to me "do umbrellas it'd be so cute" and I finally agreed and they are pretty darn cute :) I decided to add little boats into the mix too cos they're too cute! (Boats are from The illustrated nail...again) 




I love how it turned out, it was fairly tricky to colour inside the black lines with the white nail art pen but I managed it but I think that those little bits where I missed add to the design, it's quite cute right? Ha the best part is the fact that it was sunny today! After days of rain when I finally do the umbrellas, one isn't needed! I wish I had my other black nail art pen though as this one is running out so I had to squeeze so hard to get a thin line out and it made it really hard to do my other hand as squeezing leads to unsteadiness and an achey thumb :(. 
I am happy with this, it's cuuuuute :). 

My nail mail came yesterday! I couldn't believe it only a week from the US is good but Lizzy's package still hasn't got to her yet :( boo. My package was full of awesomeness which I will show you tomorrow :D. 

One last thing....I won Chanel Graphite off ebay!!! WOoo I'm very excited, I didn't like it at first but now I see it's beauty, can't wait for that to get here :D. 

6 comments:

A Polish Addict said...

That's really cute!

Unknown said...

That is so freakin adorable!

Nail Nerd said...

What awesome little icons, brava! And congrats on the Graphite win, it's a stunner :)

Lizzy said...

Love your little boats and umbrellas. The Aqua Cool is a great base for those. :) SO glad your package made it there. lol So exciting. Can't wait to see Graphite! And the rest. ;)

Anonymous said...

awwww so sweet!

Toyarosie said...

LOVE the color of this polish, it looks a lot like Essie's Bikini So Teeny! And this nail art is so cute, I love it! It amazes me how creative and skilled you are Abbie :)

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger