Thursday 29 March 2012

My first ever Franken!

Good evening, so I have my first ever franken to show to you all tonight, I know you're excited *not* but I had fun making and wearing it so that's all that matters *hehehe*. I don't have a name for it cos I want to avoid the obvious (bird egg, speckled shell) so if you have any ideas be sure to share with me :). I created a light dusty cornflower blue shimmer with sparse very dark blue fine glitter lol mouthful :P. I wanted a light base to make the dark glitter stand out and I think I achieved it but the only problem I'm having is that the glitter keeps settling so I have to keep shaking it ha.
I think you should enlarge these to see the specks :)
With flash
 Indirect sunlight
 Direct sunlight 
 Direct sunlight to show the shimmer
Direct sunlight to show shimmer
I used 6 blue polishes to make this, mainly Revlon Blue Lagoon and I do really like it, it's cute and summery but I just wish I was able to get more speckles on each nail. I think these pictures are quite accurate in terms of colour too. These pictures are all two coats and one of SH ID, I was super surprised at how quickly the polish dried on its own! I would like to make a green version :) I think that would work really well, hehe I'm all excited.

Hope you enjoyed! 

11 comments:

Lizzy said...

So excited! I haven't frankened yet so I like seeing what other people come up with and this is beautiful! Reminds me of a blueberry sherbet.

GoingtotheShowing said...

Very pretty!

Paulina said...

It's really pretty! I like seeing all the franken's the people make.

arfblat said...

Oooh I love this shade of blue! And the dark blue specks are gorgeous! Great franken!

Abbienail said...

Thanks!

Abbienail said...

Thank you :) and duuuude! It's so much fun :D do it lolol

Abbienail said...

Aww thank you lovely :)

Abbienail said...

:) thanks, yeah me too, it's fun to see them all!

Abbienail said...

Thanks :)!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely blue! You should call it Look At My Blue-mers!

A Polish Addict said...

Gorgeous franken! Love the flecks, it made all the difference!!

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger