Thursday 13 September 2012

Pixel nails

So the moment has come, my three days of bending over 5 false nails has finally beared the fruits ;). I was contacted by the amazing Ashley Crowe aka Astrowifey wondering if I would like to contribute to the new magazine that she is starting up this fall. She has contacted loads of talented nail artists to send in painted nails to be featured in the magazine. I couldn't believe that she asked me!! The calibre of nail artists that are going to be featured makes me a bit nervous that my nails won't be good enough, but even if they aren't printed just opportunity was so good and I had a lot of fun!

There were four themes: Geometric/colourblock, black and white, leather and length. So I was going to do one design for leather and one for geometric but the ones I did took so long that I only managed one. I decided to do something I've wanted to for a while and that is pixelated nails. I had a lot of fun coming up with the design and painting them so be kind to me ;).
They took me hours and an awful lot of polish! I painted them with a nail art brush, I could have just painted the background white but then it wouldn't be like pixels so I painstakingly painted each square haha. I hope they get published! That's if they get to America in time.... :O the magazine is called Tipsy Zine so look out for it! They have a tumblr if you want to check it out, it's going to be about nail art and nail art and nail art so it's going to be awesome, I'm hoping I can buy a copy over here!

8 comments:

M. Fourey said...

Wooow! That is great news, and you deserve that recognition, for sure! :D I am proud of you!
That set looks gorgeous, you should try it on your own nails!

Katie Simpson said...

They should deff get published, they look fab!

Miriam Helena said...

very cute!!!!!!!

Lacqueerisa said...

Crazyyyyy!! I love it! Super gorgeous!

Lizzy said...

That is so freakin' amazing! I know it would be an awful pain to try and do on natural nails, but what are the odds we could get a tutorial? ;) Good luck getting published! Such an amazing opportunity!

Kas said...

Wow this is impressive! Amazing job :) I hope they do get published!

Unknown said...

I recently attempted to do tetris nails and failed miserably...I have absolutely no idea how you did this but I understand how long it could take to get it that perfect. Looks amazing!!!

Candy - Mademoiselle Candice vernis ses ongles! said...

These are so amazing!!! I'm so jealous! I just did my own ncla nail patchs (Gemstone) using the homemade sticker technique and I think this design is the next one I'll try to copy :) Inspiring!

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger