Friday, 1 June 2012

Jil Sander inspired Paisley Nail art

Ever since I saw her new gorgeous Paisley print clothing in Elle I knew I would have to do a mani inspired by it! I love me some paisley, you an get lost when drawing it and when you add more than one colour it looks so good! I only did the paisley as accent nails as I was limited on time plus I think it would have been a bit much to have this on all 10 nails lol. 
I started with Zoya Dannii which the lovely Anna sent me :) I'm sure you've all seen Dannii before but incase you haven't it's a purple foil with silver, red and coppery shimmer which create a warm glow when under bright light. It was opaque in one coat but I did two to get the full effect. And two nails of a Sally Hansen French white, which somehow I managed to get opaque in two coats! 


Then I added a coat of my new fav Seche Vite to make sure I had a perfectly smooth and dry surface, which is the key thing when doing freehand designs with a pen, you do not want to just drag the tacky polish of the nail with the nib! I've done that before and it's not pretty. I used the pink, yellow and purple nail supreme pens, I love them! Here's the final result. 

Left hand

Showing off - my right hand ;) you can see the faults though!
The original print by Jil Sander was pink, blue and green but I chose these colours as I prefer them and my blue pen is having a serious blob attack at the moment :P. I'm pretty happy with these, everyone who has seen them asked if they were transfers/wraps so that's a good sign. The only thing I don't like is using Dannii on the rest of my nails, it looks okay in the pictures but IRL it looks less good, I wanted the purple to pick out the purple in the design but instead it makes it fade away almost lol! Or maybe I'm just being dramatic :P. 

Also if you don't follow Nails Inc on Facebook you really have to, that's how I found out about the Jubilee Lucky Dip deal; 6 randomly selected full size polishes for £15!!!!!!!! Can you believe that?! This deal is available until 5th June but only if stocks last that long, which I doubt, so if you haven't already take advantage! Sorry all my non UK readers for the jelly you will feel at this amazing deal lol 

Hope you enjoyed 

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

This looks awesome!

Kas said...

That's lovely. I love all the detail :)

Veronica, the Gorgeois Pig said...

Nicely done, and great color choices.

Whimsical Glam said...

this is so well done!

Lizzy said...

That. Is. Gorgeous!!

rmcandlelight (nailsbeautiqued) said...

OMG you freehand this!! You are good. I love it :)

Criminal Nails said...

MY GOSH, that's amazing! AND freehanded! You're one talented lady!

Toyarosie said...

Holy Abbie...you're REALLY good at this, I can't believe that's freehand! You're a natural!! It looks really amazing :)

Abbienail said...

Thank you!

Abbienail said...

Thank you :)

Abbienail said...

Thank you :)!

Abbienail said...

Thank you ^__^

Abbienail said...

Thank you sweets :)

Abbienail said...

Thank you so much :)

Abbienail said...

Gah! Thank you so much, I'm doing some serious blushing right now!

Abbienail said...

Hehe thank you! I really appreciate your kind words :)

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger