Tuesday 5 June 2012

Summer ombre skittles

Hi, the camera is still broke but hopefully I'm getting a quote of how much it will be to fix it *fingers crossed* it's not too much. I realised I have some pictures that I never put up, I did these nails a couple of weeks ago. 


I had this vision for them but they didn't quite go according to plan as I rushed it so the lines are messy :( but here it is 
No closeup for these ;) they look better from a distance



I used 15 polishes for this! 
Like my carpet? LOL 
1-9 = top row, 10-15 = bottom row
1. Models Own - Lilac Dream 2. Rimmel Pro - Ultra Violet
3. Sinful Colors - Amethyst 
4. Kiko - 345 Jade Green
5. Color Club
6. Kiko - 346 Olive Drab
7. Barry M - Blueberry Ice cream 
8. Barry M
9. Topshop - Airplane
10. Color Club
11. Rimmel - Style Hunter 
12. Barry M 
13. Revlon - Sunshine Sparkle
14. Sinful Colors - Unicorn
15. Kiko - 355 Canary Yellow


All the palest colours required 2 - 3 coats, the middle colours were 1 thick coat and the darkest all took 1 coat. To do this I painted about a third of my nail in the palest colour, it doesn't matter if you do more as the other colour will cover it, once that had dried I did the middle and then the tips which were the easiest. I tried when painting to make sure that the sections were relatively straight and even so striping the black was easier. As you can see I was a bit off with the black lines. If you were to recreate this it would make a lot more sense to use the taping method but I like to freehand as I feel that's the only way I'll become the best!! LOL 


I called these ombre skittles as I feel they are more ombre than gradient hahaha. 


Hopefulllllly my camera will be fixed real quick as I am expecting some awesome nail mail that I wish to share with you :) 


Seeyou soon!

25 comments:

A Polish Addict said...

Love it! The color combo is very pretty and oh, you can do this in freehand! Salute!

Unknown said...

Awesome so neat. Wow it must of taken sometime to pick out all the colors :)

Anonymous said...

this turned out so well!

Lizzy said...

Wow! That looks amazing. So fun. :) *fingers crossed* and, yeah, I love your carpet! lol

Brandi Beaulieu @ The Beaulieu Review said...

so much going on here I love it!

GoingtotheShowing said...

I LOVE this. Its so cute!

M. Fourey said...

It's soo cute and fun :) Seems like a lot of work though... and with tape it would have been even more, I guess, for you need your polish to be really dry. Eish... I wish I had time for such a beautiful mani :)

Claudia said...

Funny !! Beautyfull
kisses*-*

KarenD said...

Wonderful mani! I'm not sure I have the attention span for it but I am very tempted to try copying you. :)

fingers said...

This is really freakin cool!! This must have taken a long time! Totally worth it!

Elizabeth said...

What an awesome effect--these are adorable! :D

Abbienail said...

Awhh thank you!

Abbienail said...

Thank you :D Haha, I salute you too for your amazing swatches!!

Abbienail said...

Thank you :) ha yeah it was hard to decide which to pick!

Abbienail said...

Thank you!

Abbienail said...

Thanks Lizzy! It was nice to look down and see them lol, haha it's great right....;)

Abbienail said...

Hehe thanks :)

Abbienail said...

Heh :) thank you, I thought they looked like ice lollies!

Abbienail said...

Thanks!

Abbienail said...

Thank you :) it wasn't too bad to be honest I managed to do it in about an hour and a half including prep! I am lucky that I have nothing to do every day :P

Abbienail said...

Thank you :) haha that would be cool, you'd have a lot more colour choices at your disposal I imagine (I've seen your nail wheels ;)) can't wait to see

Abbienail said...

@fingers Hahah thank you, I think so too :P

The Sneakerette said...

this is so cute! your stripes are perfect, and you have such pretty nails :D

Abbienail said...

Gah thank you!!

Caitt said...

This is awesome! Automatic follower!

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger