Friday 11 May 2012

Dior Lucky swatches + Paisley Nail art

I think I managed to get a kind of colour accurate photo of Lucky at last, it's a really unique and beautiful colour, it's really bright and happy, perfect for summer! Even better is the fact that it cost me £3 hahaha 

Lucky is from the summer colour blocking collection and it's a very pink red, it changes but it's so beautiful. 
It was opaque in two superrrr smooth coats and it dried rather quick, it is a creme but it has the Dior secret sparse silver shimmer (oh yeah for alliteration ;)). The brush shape makes it really easy to apply as does the perfect formula. I'd have been happy to pay full price for this to be honest. 
I ordered a set of 10 Nail Supreme nail art pens and they arrived today, super quick shipping btw, I have always wanted to do Paisley print nails but my old Wahnails pens are too unreliable and prone to blobbing everywhere so I thought I'd try a different brand. You get 8 cremes and two glitters and from what I have tried so far they seem to be good quality.


Originally I wanted to use the yellow or blue but they weren't showing up very well so I went with white. Once I figured out the best way to hold and squeeze the pens, making the design was a breeze, et voila!
As you may be able to see I smudged my little finger nail with the top coat so after that I dotted the top coat on :P. I love this! I think I did a good job, if I say so myself, I can't imagine getting rid of this anytime soon, I'm proud lol! I think I'm going to love those new pens too, they cost £19.99  for the set of 10 so not bad really. 

What do you think of my creation? 

14 comments:

GoingtotheShowing said...

The red itself is BEAUTIFUL and this totally looks like bandana!

Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness! Perfect paisely! I can't imagine your patience. Lucky is such a lovely red, too. You should definitely be proud, I thought you had stamped at first!

PassionForPolish said...

Lucky is a lovely colour :)

M. Fourey said...

Lucky is really beautiful, and I agree, a Dior polish for three pounds? Where do I need to sign?! ;)

I think your pattern is gorgeous! I'm amazed that you freehanded that!

Abbienail said...

:) awh thanks, yeah I don't have patience for much else in this world only when doing my nails ;) I'm so in love with Lucky!

Abbienail said...

It really is so lovely! Haha the perks of a beauty card ;) aww thank you :) it means a lot

Abbienail said...

It sure is! Haha thanks, I never thought about it like that :P

Abbienail said...

It definitely is :)

Unknown said...

Abbie, this is soooo awesome!!! It looks so great!

Abbienail said...

Aww thanks Bethany, it means a lot :)

Abbienail said...

Thank you! Unless you mean the colour in which case, yes it is :) lol

Cat said...

this looks amazing! fab mani! xxx

http://unnakednails.blogspot.co.uk/

Abbienail said...

Thank you :D!

Kas said...

You did that with a nail art pen... wow. Amazing Job!!!

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger