Sunday 25 November 2012

Nail art with OPI Just Spotted the Lizard

Hi!
Today's post is something a bit different than my usual posts in the fact that it ties into an upcoming dvd release: The Amazing Spider-Man is out on Blu-ray and DVD on 26th November and for the occasion I have created Spiderman themed nail art using two colours from OPIs The Amazing Spiderman collection.I have used similar colours to Just spotted the Lizard but now I actually own it I thought I'd give that a try, I mattified it and it looks gorgeous! I mattified it as it's too sparkly and you can't see the black lines over the top. When I got the colour all I could think was I have to do a scaly design to represent the lizard character in the film. I did this by simply drawing random shapes and then colouring in the joins to represent shadows between his scales, I used my Models Own Nail art pen apu.
The ring finger is meant to be his claw but it didn't quite work out but I wanted to get Number One Nemesis into the design somehow, again I mattified it and it looks lovely like stone! The thumb is based off a picture of his scary face, I thought his eye on its own is pretty creepy, like him :P.
I have to apologise for the photos...I ran out of light to take photos with, so they were coming out blurry due to the long shutter speed so I'll take some better ones tomorrow morning and put those on either as well as these or in place of. 
I really like the way this design looks actually, when I was doing it I thought it might look a bit too halloweenish but I can see me rocking this ;).

Hopefully I'll seeyou soon!
Let me know how you like this design :)

6 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness, I never would have thought of that! Super awesome. That eyeball!!! XD Kinda creepy.

Unknown said...

Perfectly done, love the pattern!

Unknown said...

I am always blown away by your nail art! I was looking back at your earlier posts and its simply amazing! :)

The Sneakerette said...

sick nails!!

M. Fourey said...

Woooow... they are really astonishing! :D

Unknown said...

Thats sooooo creative like omg!!! this would never ever ever even cross my mind.
u r awesome!
Xo,
http://missycosmeticos.blogspot.com.br

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger